Mr De Juan Ng
Mr De Juan Ng is an Australian trained Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, sports injuries to the knee and general Orthopaedic trauma.
After completing his medical degree in 1999 at Monash University, De Juan undertook Basic Surgical Training in Melbourne. He subsequently completed Advanced Training in Orthopaedic Surgery (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) training in Adelaide and Melbourne, and becoming a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 2010.
De Juan then undertook subspecialty fellowship training in Toronto, Canada working with world-renowned Orthopaedic Surgeons Dr Jeffrey Gollish, Dr John Cameron, Dr John Murnaghan, Dr Hugh Cameron and Dr Allan Gross. He also spent time on visitations with Dr Freddie Fu in Pittsburgh, USA and Dr David Dejour in Lyon, France.
- Total hip replacement
- Revision total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Revision total knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Knee osteotomy
- Upper and lower limb fractures
- Upper and lower limb dislocations
De Juan works at the following hospitals:
De Juan holds patient care in utmost importance. He strives for the best management and outcome for all his patients with evidence-based medicine and up-to-date medical technologies.
De Juan’s interests outside of work are basketball, skiing and photography.
Publications and presentations
- Soft Tissue Reconstruction Combined with Medialization of Acetabular Component for Repair of Abductor Avulsion after Failed Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty – Surgical Technique and Follow Up
M. Drexler, T. Dwyer, M. Marmor, D.J. Ng, F.G. Attar, J.C. Cameron
Poster presentation at EFORT (European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology) meeting, 5-8 June 2013, Istanbul, Turkey
- Simultaneous distal peri-articular femoral osteotomy with Total Knee Arthroplasty for Treatment of osteoarthritis associated with a severe valgus deformity of >450
F. G. Attar, M. Drexler, N. Reischl, D. J. Ng, T. Dwyer, J. Cameron
Poster accepted at SICOT (International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology) meeting, November 2012, Dubai, UAE
- Reliability of Cast Index Calculation for Distal Radial Fractures
Ananth Sundaralingam, Robert Meek, Peter Fritz, De Juan Ng, Bobby Sundaralingam
Poster presented at Monash Medical Centre, April 2009.
- Arterial Complications in Total Knee Replacement
Presented at Australian Orthopaedic Registrar Association meeting 2008.
- The Relative Motion Between the Scaphoid and the Lunate
De Juan Ng, Stephen Tham, Peter Wells
- Mayo Clinic, Duke University and Mt Sinai Hospital by Stephen Tham (Australian Hand Surgery Society Travelling Fellowship), Sept 2008;
- AOA Victorian Regional Branch Meeting, 18 March 2005;
- Hand Society Meeting 26 November 2005;
- Peninsula Health Registrar Research Presentations November 2005;
- AOA South Australian Branch Meeting 11 August 2006.
- Chondrocyte Apoptosis in Response to Dislocation of the Hip in the Rat Model
Johanna Elliott, De Juan Ng, Stephen Tham.
Published in ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2006; 76(5): 398-402.
2010 – present: Clinical Supervisor for Training Orthopaedic Surgeons
2004: Honorary Assistant Lecturer: Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University
January 2002 – December 2002:
Assistant Lecturer: Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University
Medical Tutor: Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University
2000 – present: Interviewer for Undergraduate Entry into Monash University Medical Course